Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentines Day

We have begun making homemade valentines for the kids to take to school every year. Its much more "Heart Felt" and goes better with the holiday. Not really! I just think it is a fun excuse to do some kind of fun craft with the kids, and they really love it to. This year we found these GIANORMOUS marshmallows at the grocery store, then we dipped them in chocolate and added some sprinkles and a stick and Voila' mallow pops. I think they turned out really cute, and the kids thought they tasted good too. Now I just hope they can still pass them out seeing how they are homemade and all, and the school has some dumb policy saying treats have to be packaged. If not at least we had fun right?

(ps I am having a hard time transfering my pics off of my camera so for now you get crappy cell phone pics)

5 comments:

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Cute idea! We made chocolate suckers this year & the kids loved it! Miss you guys!

Rachel Holloway said...

I saw those ginormo marshmallows too and wondered what the heck you would do with them! :) You used them well!!!

SO CUTE!

Ashley said...

How crafty and fun! I hat school policy's about that stuff. Homemade is SO much better!

Unknown said...

I love to see what "craft" you and the kiddos are making each V-day...I bought my card...BUT, I did make 4 dozen sugar cookies for the kids at Jurney to decorate..Tayson and I had a ball..Tayson had flour EVERYWHERE!!!
HAPPY WALENTINES DAY....
MISS YOU GUYS...

Tiffany said...

I so wish this was my idea! :)