Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stomache bug anyone?

It's one thing to get sick, but when your a "mom" it feels like the whole world stops.

Gabbi has been battling some crazy bug for two weeks now. Diarrhea, puke, diarrhea, puke, diarrhea, and so on and so on. At first I thought it was her diet which mainly consists of juice, soy milk, and an assortment of table foods. First I pulled all the dairy products because we have had a precedence with allergies in our family, but it didn't seem to help so then I decided to cut back on the apple juice to see if that would help with the "runs" but nothing has seemed to help. Then I noticed she was cutting more teeth ( 8 total now) and someone told me teething can cause babies to have diarrhea. I didn't know that. None of my other kids have ever been affected like that. Well then I began to feel sick, I thought it was just because I had recently changed my BC pill so it would soon go away no worries, till last night that is. Now I am here to tell you we are battling a full fledged war against a raging stomach bug. UGGGGG!!!!!!
Poor Hannah came crying to my room early this morning saying "mommy I threw up in my bed". I love that when they want to snuggle they go to daddy, but when there is a mess to clean up they know just who to turn to! She is laid up in bed with cartoons, a sippy cup with juice, and a bucket just in case. And little Gabbi is on the mend, pale as a ghost, and a few pounds lighter ,which is scary because she is soo tiny to start. I am just praying that Lee and the other two kids can escape unscathed.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hope your sick house gets better soon. Thanks for not going into detail btw.

Rachel Holloway said...

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stomache bug = worst days ever!

Can I do anything to help? Can we speed the healing process so you will be better before FRIDAY!?!? (P.S. did you ever get my emails about it?? Just making sure they didn't go to spam)

Do you need a meal brought in? Let me now--I am happy to!

Bridgette Grimmett said...

That doesn't sound good! I really hope you get to feeling better soon. If you need anything, don't be shy to ask. I'm here for ya! You know my number.

Ashley said...

Oh my word, that is rotten! I agree that when a mom get's it, it's the worst. It's like the saing "when mom is not happy, nobody is happy!"
Get feeling better!

Allison Harris said...

There is NOTHING worse than being sick! Hopefully you guys are feeling better soon! We'll have to get together when we get back ( in like a month!) I found a really great hidden park in Valley view your kids would love! -Allison