Monday, April 26, 2010

Time Out For Women

I had the opportunity to go to Time Out For Women in Pittsburgh this last weekend with a few friends. It was such a fun trip. I don't know if any of you have been before, but it is a little different. You go sort of thinking that is going to be like a fireside and it is, until everyone starts clapping and catcalling?! Talk about uninviting the spirit (which is the whole reason we are there in the first place right?) Not saying that the whole time you don't feel uplifted or inspired by these wonderful speakers and the messages that they are sharing, but it definitely felt out of place to clap after someone says, "In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." weird. I really liked Deanne Flynn. She spoke Saturday morning and did it in such a way that was entertaining and spiritual.
After TOFW we went to Ikea, so much fun. I ended up getting a little fabric, don't know what I am making yet but I will think of something after I get back from market, a wok, (sooo cheap) and a rolling clothes rack ( that we will use in the booth for market ) Can't wait, I am soooo excited!!
I only had my cell phone to use for pictures because my husband was taking the kids to a few birthday parties and was supposed to take pics for me, however he didn't soooooo I am linking you all over to my friend Rachel's blog. She takes fabulous pictures and has a wonderful over view of our weekend. Enjoy! ( I know I am lazy)

7 comments:

Dina said...

lol...I LOVE that you totally linked her blog! What a great idea! Think I'm totally going to do the same thing! I had soo much fun too! And totally agree that it was so strange to clap!

Rachel Holloway said...

hahaha!! ;) You crack me up! :) It did feel weird to clap--but I thought there were some really good messages too. Can't wait to look into some of those books that were quoted (that I couldn't write everything down so fast!)

Totally fine if you link to my blog! haha...just hope nobody falls asleep reading all my boooooring details. :)

And thanks again for going. I had a lot of fun-- :)

Ashley said...

I love time out for women, but I have to be honest, the ones I went to, no one clapped after they said "in the name of Jesus Christ Amen." Too funny. How fun that you got some time out though! And hey, you should be showing some pics of what you are sewing and what market is all about!

crystal carlson said...

That was so much fun! I'm glad we were all able to go & we'll definitely have to do something like that again in the future! I borrowed some picture from Rach too :)

Ashley said...

P.S. I am totally jealous that you got to have a weekend getaway with my best friend! I'm considering maybe calling up your BFF Tiffany and seeing if she wants to get together and watch Avatar so we can mourn being left out together! hahahah, just teasing!

Tiffany said...

Let's do I Ashley! A whole night of Avatar. We'd have to eat cookies and cream candy bars too! Lol
glad you had a good experience roni! Love ya!

Tiffany said...

Just wanted to be the first to say Happy Birthday!