Friday, January 8, 2010

Can I have a big fat do over please?

Do you ever feel like you should just crawl back into bed and start the day over again at 8:00 in the morning?
No?
Well let me tell you, today, not a good day. The sad part of it Im laying in bed thinking to myself, " today is going to be a better day", ( because last night I had lost all patience with my children and had to use every ounce of energy I had left in me not to take it out on my husband. Its an on going cycle kids make mom crazy, mom makes dad crazy, dad makes kids crazy and so on and so on)
So first off Gabbi leaks through her diaper onto our bed. No big deal I just throw her in the shower with dad, strip the sheets off and we are back on track for a good day, minus an extra load of laundry
Next comes Emma screaming she didn't finish a piece of homework and she only has one minute before she is supposed to be at the bus stop ( which is a block down the street from our house and she has to walk). "Ok go get it", I tell her. She is crying through the whole thing and can't even spit out a coherent sentence. ( it is a reading assignment) I tell her I will not sign it unless she does it properly. After a few deep breaths and up and down and up and down the stairs to find a pen ( because the pencil in her back pack that is on her back is for some odd reason not a sufficient writing utensil) we finish the homework and get her out the door and on her way to the school bus. "Ok Emma is gone to school, the hard part of the day is over,(until she gets back at 3:30)". As I am pulling a baby out of the shower I hear this blood curdling scream MOMMMMMM!!!!!!!! "Emma what's wrong"?"
'No one is at the bus stop!" she says. I ask her" Why aren't you at the bus stop?" "Because I can't see anyone else down there and I must have missed the bus mom what am I going to do?" At this point I am just aannoyed because ssoooo much drama over something so silly as to how am I going to get to school now? SO I yell at her to go watch out the window for the bus, then dad kindly informs me that maybe school is canceled. I think to myself that is silly, the weather is not any worse than it was yesterday. I jump on the computer and begin looking up Local News websites and look over and Emma is off in la la land staring at the neighbors house across the street. At this point annoyed turns to mad. She is upset about something yet refuses to help out in the situation. I can't find anything posted about school being cancled. Then I begin to get angry that she didn't even go to the bus stop in the first place, just pranced around in the driveway a bit then came back inside stating she couldn't see the bus. I rampage through the house tell her to sit and wait so I can shower and get myself ready for the day. She starts crying thinking I am not going to take her to school, and I just have to ignore her so that I don't start yelling again.
We load up ( dad included) As we pull into the school parking lot it is looking a little dark inside, no cars in the parking lot, and no tire tracks for that matter. I have a huge pit of guilt creeping into my stomache . Lee and I turn and look at each other and both of us grab our trusty I-Phones. Jump onto the District site. Sure enough there it is
NO SCOOL JAN 8 Due to weather conditions. I feel like crap. All I wanna do is cry. I apologize to Emma. We drop dad off at class then head over to the grocery store for some potatoes for dinner. I can't even talk to her. I am still so angry at the way the"good morning" has played out. Not anybody's fault but still frustrating. Now I am home all day with 4 bored kids, piles of wet soggy snow , and zero patience until dad comes home and we start all over again. "Yes I would like a do over please."


Just so we are clear, I love my kids, I love being a mom, and I love the drama. What would I do without it !?!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I was at the busstop mom I would be wating forever and it would have never came if you would have let me read it to you I would have made on time(if there was school) any way you get my point love you sorry for the craziness this morning.

Ashley Sullenger said...

HAHAHAHA! Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one... Emma's comment makes this even funnier. Keep the posts coming! I hope you're loving it out there!
P.S. your family pic on your last post is adorable!

Ashley said...

Oh roni! HAHAHA, it's too funny not to laugh. Sorry about all of the craziness...but that's life right? And I espeically have to laugh after reading your comment about me wanting to work on patience! :) Too perfect. Hope your day gets better though!

Lee and Roni Poston said...

Ok see now this just makes my life look perfect! I love you too Emma. :)

Dawn said...

Just so typical...Have a better day and know that I ask for do overs almost everyday or so! So much fun to see you over Christmas. Have a better day!

Natasha Ireland said...

THANK U for posting this. It makes me feel so normal...like I'm ok to feel that way sometimes. We are just starting to know what 2 kids feels like and the adjustment is hard.... some days better than others and some MUCH WORSE. I hope you have a great weekend :)

Tate, MeriBeth, Presdee & Margie said...

Hey that is rough! Man, I miss you guys and all the chaos and craziness.

Unknown said...

I WISH THAT THERE REALLY WAS DO OVER DAYS!!!EVERY OTHER DAY AT THE RATE I AM GOING NOW.. IT IS NICE TO SEE YOU ON THE BLOG.. I WILL GET A POST UP???I DONT KNOW WHEN SOON I HOPE.

Tiffany said...

Ok, so I'm really late...but again I'm sorry for that bad day! Miss ya!

Rachel Holloway said...

ahahha....SOOOOO my days lately. And Emma's comment made me chuckle. :)

I say if kids get school days canceled, we should get bad days cancelled too!