Monday, January 25, 2010

On a short leash



So our new bundle of joy has been doing "doodies" all over in my house ( No worries we have nothing but hard wood, so clean up is quick and easy). And when I take her outside to do her business she just looks at me like "What am I supposed to do out here?" She is making me crazy! I thought dogs were just supposed to be house trained, and know how to play fetch, and bring your slippers, and all that other dog stuff, because they are dogs? Apparently not. It's all learned. I do have to say she isn't a stupid dog, we have already taught her to sit and play fetch, it's just the potty training that is getting me. And the sad part of it is that it is my fault. I am so distracted with my other four children that I can't remember to take her out. So my new plan is to keep her on a short leash literally. She is on a leash on my wrist for the whole day, no matter what I am doing until we get this thing down. I am sooooo tired of cleaning up more messes. I have to say so far it has been successful. A little annoying at times, but good. We have also had to teach her to eat. Not like how to eat food, but to sit and eat all her food when it is given to her rather than let her play around and eat at her convenience. ( Funny to me how kids and puppies are so similar) I have to say this has helped the potty training as well. You regulate what goes in, you can regulate what comes out. :)





3 comments:

Tate, MeriBeth, Presdee & Margie said...

Lee actually let you get a dog? Wow! It is pretty cute. How big is it going to get? Man, I miss you guys. We find out what we are having in three weeks. Hey Emma Happy birthday a while ago. I wrote you a card but then I didn't have an envelope so you might be getting an extra late birthday card from us.
Love,
MER, TATE, and PRES

PS Yesterday I took the booky book to church. The young women in the ward read it to presdee like five times. That will probably be the last time I take it. Thanks again for that.

Ashley said...

HAHAHAH!

Tiffany said...

She looks pretty upset in that picture...a little annoyed, like that look Emma gets when you tell her to do something! I love it though...she's a cutie!