Monday, January 4, 2010

The Water Smells different

We made it back home from our Christmas vacation to Idaho which means: back to school (dad and kids), a driveway with 2 weeks worth of un-shoveled snow piled up (and no snow shovel), an empty fridge, a dead car parked in the garage (meaning no trip to the store for groceries), luggage piled in the entry way full of things to be put away, toys and wrapping paper from our "second Christmas"(presents we left behind that wouldn't fit in the luggage), whinny spoiled kids, (thanks to the two hour time difference, and also G-ma and G-pa,) :), a stack of mail, and best of all sheer exhaustion!!! So needless to say I can't wait to get back to the old routine of naps. (for the kids of course) All in all it was a fun trip and we are so lucky to of had the opportunity to go back home. Jessica's wedding was wonderful (Lee's little sister). We made it to the temple just in time. Christmas was wonderful. The kids didn't even notice that we didn't have a butt load of presents this year. I will have to remind myself of that next year when I am stressing about them not having enough. And friends and family were wonderful. We can't wait to do it again! ( I speak for myself in that last statement, Lee is done with planes for a very long time, not traveling with kids or anything, they were awesome, just planes. More to come on that later)
As for my title, I was showering last night and I was noticing how the water smelled. Its not something I noticed the first time we came out here. Its not a bad smell like chlorine or anything, it is like when you go outside during a rainstorm how it smells sweet and yummy. Its not like that in Idaho. I guess you can add that to the very small list of things I like about Ohio.
For the New Year I would like to read the Book Of Mormon, maybe boost my spiritual knowledge a bit. I feel like I need to be more educated in the gospel. And also I would like to NOT complain aboutlaundry so much, even though I loath, despise, hate, disgusts me when (I don't have a thesaurus close by so that's it for "not like" words ) doing it more than any other thing in this world.Blog more often. All in all try and be a more positive about Ohio and excited for what the future has to bring.

Happy New Year !
( four days late)

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

WOO HOO! You actually posted on your blog! I can't believe it! :)

Glad you're back! Let me know if you guys need any help resettling back into the real world. :) lol. Did you get your car up and running???

Natasha Ireland said...

GLAD UR HOME SAFE AND HAD A GOOD TRIP.....PS LOVE YOUR FAMILY PIC IN THIS POST. happy new year to u guys

Tiffany said...

FINALLY! I suppose I can't complain about your blog..seeing you was waaay better. The withdrawls are another story. I've even lost my desire for diet coke since you left...what's with that? Hope you're feeling better and that Gunns nose gets better and that your car starts and oh yes please bless snow white! :) ok now I sound like one of those obnoxious best friends who write secret stuff on your blog that few people know about...that's so rude! :)

Ashley said...

It's good to see you back in the blogging world! I hope you guys end up enjoying Ohio more, and that Laundry becomes more tolerable:) and that your car gets working!
I LOVE your family pick...SO SO CUTE!
Oh, and the blog about your little baby...WOW! Time DOES fly, she is so big and cute!

Anonymous said...

Mom is guns nose hurting cause that's what tiffiny said.